Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday- Your car was stolen


Yesterday was the big 2-0! holy cow I AM SO OLD! I woke up and bret, my brother in law (who knows of my past addiction to mountain dew and current love of it) decided my birthday treat was one bottle of each flavor.
how thoughtful right?


But today was a day that scared the cheese outta me. I have grown up in a small town my whole life. small enough that we dont really worry about locking our car doors, and most people dont lock their houses.
so last night we went to the cheesecake factory for dinner. in order to conserve cars we decided to leave my car in my sister's scrubs store parking lot and she'd pick it up and drive it home that night.
my grandma came with us, isnt she cute? :)
We got a cake from Cakes du Fleur Deeelicious. seriously, if your're ever in the SLC area and want a slamming Lemon cake....hit.them.up. you wont regret it
So we decided to leave the car there overnight and we were going to pick it up today. We were running errands in SLC when we finally made our way to the scrubs store. right before we got to the store i was like am, "what if my car is just not there" and then we turned into the parking lot and it was gone. nowhere to be seen. I was in shock. my mind was blank. HOLY CRAP SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR. 

Her store is kind of in the ghetto. but I locked the doors. I didnt know what the heck I was going to do. my brother in law was going to file a police report and i was just sitting there about to cry/throw up.

But apparently the landlord of their business center didnt recognize my car and he saw it there at around 11 pm so he took it upon himself to call a tow company and have it towed. there wasnt a towing sign or anything. I was just relieved that my car wasnt stolen by some hoodlums. So we had to go pick it up in the ghetto. but my cute little amigo is safe and I will never leave it alone for more them a few hours again!

No comments:

Post a Comment